It’s common for children to worry about the new coronavirus and what will happen if a loved one gets COVID-19. Or perhaps you now have a family member or friend with the virus, prompting questions and concern from your child. This printable story provides age appropriate information about what happens when people get the coronavirus.
Developed by Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor Abbi Kruse, the story uses reassuring language and colorful illustrations to explain a complex topic in a way that children understand. It also reminds children that we can take precautions to keep ourselves and others safe, and that nurses and doctors are hard at work helping people who are sick.
- 3 and up
- Addressing uncertainty and soothing anxiety
- Helping children understand the new coronavirus and what happens when people get sick
- Printable instructions and story
- Printed When People Get the New Coronavirus story
- Stapler OR hole punch and string (optional)
- How I Can Help Keep It Safe at Home
- Safe Place Breathing Icons
- Story Hand: Soothe Children’s Stress About COVID-19
- Visual Daily Schedule