In Conscious Discipline, we say that the adult’s job is to keep the class or home safe, while the child’s job is to help keep it safe. Being helpful creates a sense of purpose, accomplishment and wellbeing that is especially important during these uncertain times.
This printable resource lists several ways that young children can contribute to safety and help the home run smoothly as families stay home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- 3 and up
- Sense of purpose and accomplishment
- Overall wellbeing
- For families to encourage safety and helpfulness in the home during COVID-19
- Single-sided printout
- Printed “I Can Help Keep It Safe at Home”
- Tape, magnet or other material to post the printable
- Handwashing Visual Procedures (English and Spanish)
- Handwashing Songs
- Coronavirus Is a Big Word Social Story
- Story Hand: Soothe Children’s Stress About COVID-19