This Story Hand is an adapted I Love You Ritual designed to help adults comfort and connect with children who are feeling scared or anxious about COVID-19. Begin with a gentle hand massage accompanied by a personalized social story that helps a child deal with stress or anxiety. Move through your story and associate key points of the storyline with each finger. The story you tell should reflect a specific, personalized experience or concern for the child.
Use this adapted Story Hand ritual to comfort and connect with a child who is feeling scared or anxious about COVID-19.
- 1 and older
- Stress relief
- Emotional regulation
- Social stories
- Social-emotional learning
- Anger management
- A ritual for adults to soothe children’s stress and anxiety about COVID-19
- Instructions and single-sided color printout
- Printed Story Hand
- Story Hand
- Why Can't I Go to School? Social Story
- I Can Handle Scared (English)
- Choice Board - I Love You Rituals (Premium)
- I Love You Rituals Choices Spinner (Premium)