A visual daily schedule helps create a sense of safety by providing a predictable pattern and displaying it in an easily accessible way. In this atmosphere of uncertainty, fostering safety through predictability is especially important.
Adults think in words; however, children think in pictures. Using pictures to show children what comes next provides the consistency their brains require in a visual form they can easily understand. This printable from Certified Instructor Elizabeth Montero-Cefalo makes the process easy!
Watch Elizabeth’s webinar Visual Daily Schedule to learn more about why and how to use this resource.
- 2 and up
- Creating predictability and safety
- Reducing conflict and power struggles
- Building executive skills such as prioritization and time management
- Tool to help families create a visual daily schedule for their children
- Instructions and 4-page printable
- Printed Visual Daily Schedule
- Card stock
- Tape or Velcro
- Visual Shopping Plan
- Visual Routines (Premium)
- Learning Routines for Children
- Handwashing Visual Procedures (English and Spanish)