Conscious Discipline’s four core breathing techniques shut off the body’s “fight or flight response,” allowing children and adults to calm themselves and choose effective responses to conflict and upset.
Of course, practice is required for these techniques to become second nature. With the Memory Game: Breathing Choices, you can review S.T.A.R., Balloon, Drain and Pretzel with your children or students through play. If you practice active calming with children when they are calm, it will become easier to access these skills in moments of upset.
- 3 and up
- Self-regulation, active calming, learning breathing strategies
- Helping children learn the Conscious Discipline breathing strategies through play
- Instructions and six single-sided color printouts
- Printed Breathing Choice cards
- Breathing S.T.A.R.
- Safe Place Breathing Icons
- Premium Resource: Breathing Choices Spinner
- Premium Resource: Choice Board with Breathing Icons
- Premium Resource: Pause Breathing Choices Wheel