Do you have or work with children who experience the “yucky feeling” we call rage? These children aren’t “bad;” they just need to learn a better way to manage this big emotion. That’s where this book comes in!
Children will learn to recognize the signs that rage is coming and create a step-by-step plan to manage their rage safely. They will also depict their rage and its aftermath. This is helpful because many children are unaware of their actions when experiencing rage.
Print this book or use it as a template to create your own. For best results, include photos of the child.To learn more about how to effectively use the Rage Book as part of a rage program, listen to the podcast episode "How to Help Children Manage Rage" with Dr. Becky Bailey and Master Instructor Kim Jackson.
- 3 (with help) and up
- Managing rage
- Maintaining safety
- Self-regulation and emotional management tool appropriate for classroom or home; may travel with child
- Seven 8.5x11” single-sided color printouts
- Printed Rage Book pages
- Binder (optional)
- Hole punch (optional)
- Photos of child (optional)
- Five Steps to Self-Regulation Icons
- Feeling Faces: Happy, Sad, Angry, Scared
- Putting Myself Together Class-Made Book
- I Can Handle-Scared
- Hitting Book
- Self-Regulation Value Pack
- CLASSROOM EDITION: Feeling Buddies Self-Regulation Toolkit
- When I Feel…
- S.T.A.R Breathing Tool