As we continue to grapple with COVID-19, it’s natural for children (and adults) to feel scared. Both the virus itself and the resulting disruption to routine are frightening.
Use this two-page printable to help children get in touch with their fears and choose helpful calming activities. Children will learn that when they feel scared, there are actionable steps they can take to calm.
- 3 and up
- Active calming
- Identifying triggers
- Helping children identify things that trigger fear, then choose a calming activity
- Instructions and two-page printable
- Printed Managing "Scared" During COVID-19
- Pen, pencil, crayons/markers
- I Can Handle Scared
- Five Steps to Self-Regulation Icons
- Breathing S.T.A.R.
- Safe Place Breathing Icons
- Social Story: Masks and Gloves