Webinar: Wishing You Wellness: Parent Self-Care
As parents, we’re often so preoccupied with caring for everyone else that we forget to take care of ourselves. And when we do make time for ourselves, we sometimes feel guilty, as if we’re neglecting our families.
The reality is that if we don’t practice self-care, we can’t give our best selves to our children, spouses, and others around us. It’s only when we are calm and relaxed that we can access our executive skills, allowing us to consciously respond instead of unconsciously reacting when stressful situations occur.
The reality is that if we don’t practice self-care, we can’t give our best selves to our children, spouses, and others around us.
In this webinar, Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Angela Fraley gives you actionable advice for practicing self-care—and explains why this practice is so vital. Join Angela to fill your wellness toolbox with six wellness tools that will help you access the best version of yourself.
- 01:10 Shifting from focusing on problems to focusing on solutions
- 02:20 Giving yourself permission to take care of yourself
- 04:43 Executive state and responding vs. emotional state and reacting
- 06:32 Survival state
- 08:57 Wellness Toolbox Tool #1: Notice
- 14:50 Exercise to notice the difference between tense and relaxed
- 17:37 Wellness Toolbox Tool #2: Breathe
- 20:25 Leading by example for our children
- 21:40 Wellness Toolbox Tool #3: Release It
- 22:36 Make time to do what you love
- 24:15 Wellness Toolbox Tool #4: Practice Celebrating
- 25:24 Wellness Toolbox Tool #5: Practice Gratitude
- 28:33 Wellness Toolbox Tool #6: Take Two
Helpful Next Steps
- Online Course with Dr. Becky Bailey – Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Schools and Homes
- Becoming the Best You Can Be Webinar Series
- Parent CliffsNotes Webinar
- Conscious Discipline for Parents Articles
- Free Resources