Webinar: Strategies for Using Conscious Discipline with eDECA
Conscious Discipline has teamed with Devereux Center for Resilient Children to offer a system to assess children’s social-emotional health and resilience, monitor progress and customize helpful strategies for growth. The Conscious Discipline and e-DECA Assessment and Planning System allows early childhood professionals and families to screen, assess and promote protective factors associated with resilience and the healthy social-emotional development of infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
The comprehensive assessment and planning system supports creating strong attachment, developing self-regulation, building initiative and reducing problematic behaviors by using Conscious Discipline strategies that are integrated within the assessment tool.
This web-based computer application allows for ratings to be entered online, completes all scoring, generates reports and stores the data in a secure database. It provides immediate access to reports, including individual ratings, rater comparisons, pre- and post-comparisons, strategy reports and group profiles. Users can also generate a report that provides aggregate information across an entire program, and can download or export the data.
- 00:35 Welcome by Rudee Abello
- 01:06 Housekeeping items
- 03:03 Welcome & introductions by Nefertiti B. Poyner
- 05:20 Poll: Who is attending the webinar live?
- 08:15 Overview of the Devereux Center for Resilient Children by Nefertiti B. Poyner
- 09:30 Overview of Conscious Discipline by Sue Dierks
- 11:34 Primary goals of the Conscious Discipline and e-DECA Assessment and Planning System
- 14:15 Resilience model
- 15:22 Overview of the e-DECA platform, including assessment tools available and protective factors assessed
- 18:02 Overview of an Individual Profile: What does the report tell you?
- 20:15 Sample screening of a 2-year-old
- 28:45 Sample Group Profile Report: What does the report tell you?
- 30:55 Choosing Conscious Discipline strategies
- 35:45 Raquel Palacio, Family Services Supervisor for Broward County Public Schools, Ft. Lauderdale, FL shares how her program uses the e-DECA with Conscious Discipline
- 42:55 Relationship between protective factors and challenging behaviors
- 44:15 Sue Dierks, Director at Western Egyptian Head Start in Steelville, IL, shares how her program uses the e-DECA with Conscious Discipline to reduce challenging behaviors and connect with parents
- 50:15 Understanding the mechanics of the web platform
Helpful Next Steps
- New Online Course with Dr. Becky Bailey – Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Schools and Homes
- Real Talk for Real Teachers – A new podcast with Dr. Becky Bailey
- Learn more about our Professional Development Options