Real Talk for Real Teachers with Dr. Becky Bailey and special guest Paola Salcedo
Does your role in your school include coaching teachers, students and parents? How well do you coach yourself when things do not go your way?
Successfully coaching others to change requires we consciously and lovingly coach ourselves. The inner speech we use with ourselves when things are not going our way will automatically be the words we use with others when we are triggered and things are not going as we’d like. Conscious Discipline provides us with tools to offer compassion, empathy, choices and more effectively changing how we coach ourselves and others.
Listen in as Paola Salcedo, Conscious Discipline coach at Barry Elementary, shares her success of creating personal change and how she coaches teachers, students, and parents to do the same.
- Coaching and supporting resistant children and teachers through change requires a connection, a relationship
- Creating community among parents using strategies for building a school family increases parental attendance at school events
Steps for Tomorrow
- Begin with yourself and changing your perception, see what happens in front of you differently
- Accept responsibility for your own emotions
- Get to know yourself – know your “triggers” and “buttons” and own them
- What is Conscious Discipline?
- Barry Elementary
- Power of Perception
- Conscious Discipline Coaching
- Time Machine
- Wishing Well
- Creating the School Family
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline
- Managing Emotional Mayhem
- Time Machine
- Wish Well Board
- Conscious Discipline Parent Curriculum
- :22 What is Conscious Discipline
- 1:15 What are real teachers
- 1:58 Dr. Bailey’s story of her golf coach
- 4:36 Conscious Discipline coaching model
- 5:47 Introduction of Paola Salcedo, Conscious Discipline Coach at Barry Elementary
- 6:22 Demographics of Barry Elementary
- 7:15 Paola’s position of Conscious Discipline coach
- 9:52 Time Machine modeling and coaching
- 15:48 Coaching teachers who are resistant to Conscious Discipline
- 17:21 One teacher changes her mind with coaching story
- 19:44 Increasing parental involvement at school
- 25:49 Story of using Conscious Discipline in weight loss meetings for parents
- 28:51 Story of learning from her own children at home
- 31:02 Importance of how we discipline ourselves affects how we discipline and coach others
- 32:20 Steps for tomorrow
Thank You for Listening
There are many ways you could have spent this time today, but you chose to spend it with me and I am grateful. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others via your favorite social media platforms.
Also, would you consider taking 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes? Your feedback is extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I love to hear your feedback! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
On behalf of our Conscious Discipline family, we wish you well.