Learning to respect the boundaries of others, including siblings, is important for peace in the home. Younger siblings want to be around their older siblings frequently, yet older siblings sometimes need their own space.
Adults in the home can help older siblings respectfully set “time for themselves” boundaries and help younger siblings honor these boundaries using the STOP and GO door signs and conversation starters provided in this resource.
- 3 (with help) and up
- Assertiveness, setting and respecting boundaries, cooperation among siblings
- Helping siblings set boundaries for “time together” and “time for themselves”
- Instructions and single-sided color printout
- Printed STOP and GO door signs
- Hole punch (optional)
- String (optional)
- Breathing S.T.A.R.
- Five Steps to Self-Regulation Icons
- Family Jobs Board (Premium Resource)
- Wish You Well Home (Premium Resource)