This Circle Time Book was created by special education teachers Jennifer Kist and Jill Hegarty, who taught classes both in-person and virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic. For the distanced learning group, the teachers laminated and sent the reproducible home for families to do with children as they attended virtual classes.
Listen to Jennifer and Jill's Real Talk for Real Teachers podcast episode with Dr. Becky Bailey to learn more about how to use this resource.
- 3 and up
- Disengaging stress
- Reaching the optimal brain state for learning and problem-solving
- Staying connected, even when distance learning
- An interactive book to help teachers start the day in the optimal brain state for learning, increasing cooperation and allowing the day to run smoothly and productively
- Printable 7-page book and student photo template
- Printed book
- Photos of students (optional)
- Velcro (optional)
- Guide to a Brain Smart Start for Our Day
- Feeling Faces: Happy, Scared, Angry, Sad
- Safe Place Breathing Icons
- Commitments Check-Up
- 2018 Elevate SEL Breakout Session: Start Your Day the Brain Smart Way with Master Instructor Kim Jackson (Premium)