Getting Started with Wishing Well
Wishing Well is a powerful ritual that allows us to instantly calm ourselves while offering love and caring to others. It’s a way to help one another when there is no physically tangible way to be helpful.
This ritual is especially helpful now, when reminders of safety, kindness, love and unity are much needed.
Wishing Well provides the developmental need for safety and reminds us of the Power of Unity: We are all in this together. This ritual is especially helpful now, when reminders of safety, kindness, love and unity are much needed.
In this webinar, Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor Mara Spencer explains how to get started with Wishing Well in your own home. You’ll learn why Wishing Well is helpful, how to create and use a Wish Well Board, how to include older children in this ritual, and more.
- 00:01 Introduction of Certified Instructor Mara Spencer and Wishing Well
- 01:27 Fast track into your prefrontal lobes
- 01:50 Positive physiological effects on your body
- 02:00 Wishing Well is a ritual and rituals are powerful
- 02:46 Providing the developmental need for safety
- 03:07 Power of Unity
- 03:25 Wish Well Board and how to use it at home
- 04:03 Printables available in Free Resources
- 05:43 Materials to make your own Wish Well Board
- 06:40 How to include older children in Wish Wells
- 07:15 Recap/Closing thoughts
- 08:31 Wish Well from Mara
- Wish Well Board
- Printable: Wish Well Ritual Plan
- Podcast: Wishing Well to Heal from Tragedy and Loss