In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are quarantining with their immediate families. This means socially distancing from other loved ones, often including grandparents. For children, this period of extended separation can generate big emotions like sadness, anger, fear and anxiety.
We can help soothe these feelings through calm, reassuring empathy and age-appropriate information. “I Love My Grandparent” by Certified Instructor Abbi Kruse explains why we can’t see our grandparents right now and reassures children that they will be reunited with loved ones when it is safe.
- 3 and up
- Addressing uncertainty and soothing anxiety
- Helping children understand why they can’t visit their grandparents
- Printable instructions and story
- Printed I Love My Grandparent story
- Stapler OR hole punch and string (optional)
- Photos of your child (optional)
- How I Can Help Keep It Safe at Home
- Safe Place Breathing Icons
- Story Hand: Soothe Children’s Stress About COVID-19