Sometimes children feel overwhelmed or frustrated by a full daily schedule. They may also struggle to complete a dreaded task (like schoolwork or chores) or find it challenging to wait for a favorite activity.
Educator and coach Katie Ahearn created two tools to help children navigate these common scheduling challenges. These tools, a Home Schedule Breakdown and a Home Choice Board, scaffold children’s emerging executive skills. They also increase predictability (safety), cooperation, confidence and success.
- 3 and up
- Creating predictability and safety
- Reducing conflict and power struggles/increasing cooperation
- Building executive skills such as prioritization and time management
- Increasing confidence and success
- Tools to help families navigate common scheduling challenges
- Two full-page templates and six pages of activity cards
- Printed Choice Tools for Managing Complex Schedules
- Card stock
- Tape or Velcro