WEBINARS: How Conscious Discipline Aligns with National Head Start Standards on Parent Education with Jill Molli and Sue Dierks
New mandates in the Head Start Performance Standards require programs to include a parenting curriculum. The curriculum must meet the criteria of being a research-based curriculum that builds on parents’ knowledge and offers parents the opportunity to practice parenting skills to promote children’s learning and development, and meet the needs of one or more specific populations (Head Start performance standard 1302.51(b) Parent A).
The Conscious Discipline Parent Education Curriculum is a comprehensive guide for engaging families as partners in building healthy, brain-smart homes that support children’s growth and development.
The curriculum is inclusive and can be trained from the script alone and allows for modifications for easy adaptations to meet individual program needs.
Join Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Jill Molli and Sue Dierks a Head Start Director and Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor as they explain how the Conscious Discipline Parent Education Curriculum meets the new Head Start requirements and ways to utilize all the components of the curriculum in your program.
- 00:50 Head Start Performance Standards released
- 03:15 Clarification on choosing a parent curriculum that meets performance standard
- 03:53 Head Start Standards for Parent Curriculum
- 06:18 Incorporating Conscious Discipline into Head Start Service areas for parents
- 09:40 Deadline for choosing parent curriculum
- 13:54 Clarification on Compendium
- 14:25 E-DECA use in coordination with Conscious Discipline
- 16:15 Conscious Discipline as seamless implementation for Family Engagement components and Education components
Helpful Next Steps