March 2017 – Dr. Bailey and company leadership met with the Office of Head Start and the National Head Start Association to strengthen ties and introduce the new Parent Education Curriculum.
In Washington, D.C. this March, Dr. Bailey and the Conscious Discipline leadership team enjoyed the opportunity to meet with and strengthen our relationships with both the Office of Head Start and the National Head Start Association (NHSA).
During the engaging and informative meetings, team members presented the Conscious Discipline Parent Education Curriculum in efforts to assure it meets the newly defined NHSA standards, succeeds in the goal of uniting schools and homes with quality social-emotional learning, and is accessible to Head Start centers.
These two meetings were part of a 2-day whirlwind trip to Washington, D.C. that also included meetings with multiple Congressional offices. Dr. Bailey feels building these vital relationships in our nation’s capital will bring us closer to our company vision of “an interconnected world of conscious adults capable of responding instead of reacting to conflict, creating safe homes, safe schools and a safe planet.”
Learn more and download a sample of the new Conscious Discipline Parent Education Curriculum below.
- Webinars: How Conscious Discipline Aligns with National Head Start Standards on Parent Education
- Knox County Head Start, Inc. 2016 Parenting Knowledge, Engagement and Training Year-End Summary
- Summary of Pre and Post Test Results: Seven Parental Abilities and Skills
- Head Start Conscious Discipline Alignment
- Conscious Discipline Improves SEL, School Climate, Readiness and Pro-Social Behavior
- Conscious Discipline Meets with Head Start Leadership
- Episode 001: Knox County Head Start is Building Bright Futures for Young Children AND Their Families
- A Conscious Approach to Self-Regulation: Knox County Head Start and the Conscious Discipline Program
- The Impact of Conscious Discipline Training on Adult Perception, Knowledge and Skills