Webinar: Using Conflict To Teach Part 1 – The Key Steps for Healthy Conflict Resolution
Much of what we believe about conflict comes from our own experiences growing up. For many of us conflict was a painful experience resulting in hurtful experiences such as screaming, yelling, physical punishments, or even silence from those we love. Conscious Discipline views conflict very differently. When children act in hurtful ways, this provides feedback that more practice or additional social skill instruction is needed.
Our job when children behave in challenging ways is to calm ourselves enough to see the call for help.
When we intend to teach in conflict moments, children learn to use their intelligence and energy to manage their feelings, take responsibility for their actions and learn healthy problem-solving skills.
Join Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Jill Molli to begin learning 5 steps for using conflict moment to teach life skills. (This is part 1 of a 2-part webinar)
- 00:47 Five steps to using conflict to teach
- 04:45 How do you “unhook” from conflict moments
- 06:41 Helping children “unhook” from conflict moments
- 07:09 Video Clip: Toddler models Conscious Discipline breathing techniques
- 09:38 Video Clip: Noticing added to actions
- 11:27 Enter conflict situations using D.N.A. process
- 14:00 Skill practice with D.NA.
- 19:14 Skill of Assertiveness
- 21:42 Laws of daily conflict summary