In the Conscious Discipline School Family, both students and adults commit to being safe and helpful. For children, it is important to discuss exactly how to practice safety and helpfulness at school. If you have not thoroughly discussed safety and helpfulness with your students, or if many students are struggling with being safe and helpful, start with the OOPS! Helpful or Hurtful Activity (GROUP).
The OOPS! Helpful or Hurtful Activity (INDIVIDUAL) is designed for individual children who continue to display behavior that is not safe or helpful. You will identify the student’s unsafe/hurtful behavior(s), then help them create a commitment showing what they will do differently in the future.
- Elementary School
- Recognizing helpful and hurtful behavior, learning from mistakes, making commitments
- Helping elementary students recognize their unsafe and unhelpful behaviors, then create a commitment showing what they will do differently in the future
- Instructions and single-sided printout
- Printed instructions
- Printed Commitment activity
- OOPS! Helpful or Hurtful Activity (GROUP)
- My Plan for Next Time Activity
- Take 2! Activity
- Commitments Check-Up