Real Talk for Real Teachers with Dr. Becky Bailey and special guests Tym Smith and Alysia Rhinefort
Conscious Discipline hosts the Advanced Institute, also known as CD2, each year in February. CD2 is limited to 48 participants who apply for the opportunity to attend. During this transformative week, each participant shares information about how they’re implementing Conscious Discipline and the results they’ve seen.
Take a sneak peek into the Advanced Institute as you listen in on presentations from Tym Smith and Alysia Rhinefort. Tym is an early childhood education consultant and trainer who runs four schools of his own. Alysia is an outreach specialist for a childcare resource and referral agency in Indiana. Hear how Conscious Discipline has impacted their families, staff, and communities.
- It costs an estimated $7000 to hire a new teacher. Conscious Discipline reignites passion for teaching, improves staff retention, and saves time and money.
- When your teachers have the tools to manage emotions and conflict, they’re happier and less stressed. As a result, they’re better able to serve the children in your care.
- If you’re not sure where to start with Conscious Discipline, begin practicing with yourself and practicing in your home. Then, introduce it in your classroom, school, or workplace.
- We typically associate Conscious Discipline with schools. But it can also make a positive impact on the judicial system, the prison system, and foster care.
- :20 What is Conscious Discipline?
- 1:00 About Advanced Summer Institute (CD2)
- 1:54 Introduction of guest Tym Smith
- 5:23 How Conscious Discipline has helped Tym’s staff
- 7:42 How Conscious Discipline has impacted staff turnover rate
- 8:34 Implementation of Conscious Discipline at Tym’s schools
- 13:07 Introduction of Alysia Rhinefort
- 14:00 Conscious Discipline at Alysia’s home
- 15:15 Conscious Discipline at Alysia’s agency and its impact locally
- 17:00 What’s Becky up to?
- 18:05 What’s Becky celebrating?
Thank You for Listening
There are many ways you could have spent this time today, but you chose to spend it with me and I am grateful. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others via your favorite social media platforms.
Also, would you consider taking 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes? Your feedback is extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I love to hear your feedback! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
On behalf of our Conscious Discipline family, we wish you well.