Young children’s brains encode information in pictures, so visual representations of complex concepts are helpful. This resource by Master Instructor Kim Hughes gives you a simple way to show children what social distancing should look like.
The better children understand, the more you and your family can contribute to keeping yourselves and the community healthy and safe. If you need support in explaining to your children why social distancing is important, our social story Coronavirus Is a Big Word is an excellent starting point.
- 3 and up
- Social distancing
- Health and safety
- A resource for families to teach young children what social distancing should look like
- Two-page printable
- Printed What Does Social Distancing Look Like? resource
- Why Can’t I Go to School? Social Story
- Caring Connections Calendar
- Coronavirus Is a Big Word Social Story
- Handwashing Visual Procedures (English and Spanish)
- Visual Shopping Plan