Conscious Discipline is most commonly associated with early childhood programs and elementary schools. It makes sense to build SEL skills during the foundational early years. But what about the older children who are never given the opportunity to learn these skills? Adolescence is also a critical time in brain development, and today’s secondary schools are anxiety-inducing, high-pressure environments.
Watch Afton Schleiff’s 2019 Elevate SEL Conference on Conscious Discipline in middle and high school classrooms. Having successfully implemented CD with eighth and ninth grade students, Afton shares practical strategies on adapting the program to build safe, connected learning environments for older children.
- Afton Schleiff
- Implementing Conscious Discipline in middle and high schools
- Resource for teachers and administrators
- Video session
- Session handout
- Printed handout
- Pen or pencil for notes
- Podcast: Why Conscious Discipline Belongs in Secondary Schools with Dr. Becky Bailey and Afton Schleiff
- Podcast: Building Safety and Connection with High School Students with Dr. Becky Bailey and Steve Hummer
- Podcast: Implementing Conscious Discipline in Middle School with Dr. Becky Bailey and Diane Phelan
- Pay It Forward Transformational Process