Conscious Discipline asks us to transform our responses to challenging behaviors. This is a challenging and ongoing process, but Pivot Play provides a helpful practice opportunity.
Start by reading a card with a standard (and ineffective) response to a child’s behavior. Then S.T.A.R., open your heart and wish well, pivot with your body, and rephrase the original comment using the Name, Verb, Paint format.
- Learning to change responses to challenging behaviors
- Focusing on behaviors that we do want
- Activity appropriate for staff training
- Professional development
- Parent nights
- Five single-sided 8.5x11” printouts
- Three 8.5x11” double-sided printouts
- Printed cue cards (Steps 1-4)
- Printed Pivot Play cards
- Traditional Discipline vs. Conscious Discipline Poster
- A.C.T. Scenarios (Premium)
- Noticing That Encourages (Premium)
- Consequences (Premium)