Power of Free Will from the Becoming the Best You Can Be Series (4 of 7)
Have you ever spent time trying to make another person change? Do you sometimes think if the children would just __________, then I could _______?
The Power of Free Will states “the only person you can make change is yourself.” When we believe outside forces control our behavior (don’t make me….) and that we can control others’ behavior, we are set up for trouble in relationships. These beliefs also shape how we handle discipline and set us up for loss of composure.
Power comes from choice, not force. Free will is about taking responsibility for our choices and behavior. Join Dr. Becky Bailey, creator of Conscious Discipline, to learn how to harness the Power of Free Will.
- 00:46 Goal of Conscious Discipline
- 01:52 Traditional discipline vs. Conscious Discipline model
- 06:14 School cafeteria story
- 08:40 Conscious Discipline brain state model
- 11:52 Our three inner states of being
- 13:28 Free will or free won’t
- 15:35 Outcomes of using fear as a discipline strategy
- 16:52 Stimulus – response strategies for discipline
- 17:47 Do you believe in Free Will?
- 18:43 Start exercising your Power of Free Will
- 21:20 Change your job description
Helpful Next Steps