Advanced Institute (CD2) 2018
The 2018 Advanced Institute is FULL and no longer accepting applications. Each year an exclusive group of practitioners gather to dig deeper into the structures, skills and powers of Conscious Discipline with Dr. Bailey. This immersive, high-engagement experience is only available to Conscious Discipline practitioners who have demonstrated a mid- to senior-level knowledge of implementation.
$2,750 Single / $2,550 Double
- Oviedo, FL
Here's What to Expect:
Deepen your understanding of how to effectively implement the powers, skills and structures of Conscious Discipline.
Fine-Tuning & Troubleshooting
Learn how to troubleshoot challenging environments and personalities and how to fine-tune implementation strategies and adjust practices for better results.
This exclusive event is capped at 50 attendees to preserve an intimate environment with colleagues and allow one-on-one coaching with Conscious Discipline founder, Dr. Becky Bailey.
Push past personal barriers with in-depth peer presentations, ropes course and small group activities designed to take you deeper.
The Advanced Institute will deepen your understanding and equip you with new tools.
This event is FULL and no longer accepting applications. You’ve never experienced anything like the Conscious Discipline Advanced Institute (CD2). This intimate environment cultivates a relational, high-engagement environment that sparks transformation unlike anything you’ve experienced. Attendees are required to submit an application in advance of registration. Only 50 applicants are accepted annually for this event, which is described as intense – only for those individuals who are ready for personal transformation. Attending the Advanced Institute is a requirement for practitioners pursuing Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor status.
At this event you will:
- Deepen your Conscious Discipline understanding and implementation
- Enjoy the benefits of a smaller number of participants and direct daily contact with Dr. Becky Bailey
- Learn from peers during poster sessions and intimate group sharing
- Tackle a ropes course to learn more about yourself, connect with others and conquer your fears
Meet Your Facilitators
Dr. Becky Bailey
Dr. Becky Bailey is an award-winning author, renowned educator and internationally recognized expert in childhood education and developmental psychology. She is the creator of Conscious Discipline, a trauma informed program that transcends positive discipline to help families and educators become more resilient, more compassionate and better equipped to handle whatever challenges, conflicts or upsets life sends their way. Through Conscious Discipline, Dr. Bailey has inspired and trained more than 3 million educators and caregivers, impacting an estimated 15.8 million children. She has authored 21 books related to guidance and discipline, several of which have won national awards. She currently has over 1.2 million books in circulation.
More Information About this Event
Pre-Requisites & Application Process
Pre-Requisites and Application Process
The 2018 Advanced Institute is FULL and no longer accepting applications. Conscious Discipline Advance Institute attendees are selected via an application process. This process is designed to ensure participants have a foundational understanding of the Conscious Discipline methodology and have met the minimum requirements as active practitioners in a live environment.
Before applying to attend the Conscious Discipline Advanced Institute (CD2), confirm that you meet the pre-requisites listed below.
- I have been practicing Conscious Discipline for at least 18 months in my home and/or classroom.
- I have attended the Conscious Discipline Summer Institute (CD1).
- I implement the Conscious Discipline structures in my school, classroom, agency and/or home.
- I have created a consistent, predictable environment, including utilizing visual routines for social expectations.
- I use the language of Conscious Discipline in my daily life.
- I apply the Seven Powers for Conscious Adults in my personal life and shifted my perceptions, my capability to handle conflict and my ability to manage my own inner states.
If you answer “yes” to all of the statements above, you are eligible to apply for CD2. Once your completed application has been received, it will be reviewed for eligibility. A member of our Professional Development Team will reach out to you to notify you of your application status by November 27, 2017.
Pricing & What's Included
Registration & Accommodations
Advance Institute Registration includes your event registration and on-site accommodations. Rates are as follows:
- $2,750 – Single Occupancy
- $2,550 – Double Occupancy
Registration for the Conscious Discipline Advanced Institute includes these participant materials:
- Advanced Institute workbook
- Conscious Discipline tote bag
Read carefully BEFORE beginning your registration.
- When registering, attendees must provide a current photo of themselves and a baby/infant photo (at least 4×6) for our Friends and Family Board.
- Each attendee gives a three or 10-minute formal presentation about his/her application of Conscious Discipline.
- Each attendee gives a follow-up poster session. Poster sessions are essentially a ‘show and tell’ of your experience.
- Attendees will leave a ‘contribution’ from their poster display to be shared at future events.
- If you are using a PO to register it must be completed before you begin the registration process. (We can no longer confirm registration without full payment.)
Friday, February 16, 2018
3 PM – Registration opens
6:30 PM – Dinner
Saturday, February 17 – Tuesday, February 20
8:30 AM – Sessions and/or activities begin
9 PM – Sessions and/or activities conclude
Wednesday, February 21
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM Final Session
12:30 PM – 2 PM Closing Luncheon (included)
This workshop will be held at:
Canterbury is a rustic retreat located in the woods. There are no phones or refrigerators in the rooms. A microwave and small refrigerator are located in the lounge area outside of the conference room that all may use. There is also a Publix Supermarket within walking distance.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- The Conscious Discipline Advanced Institute (CD2) qualifies for four (4) CEUs
- 10 contact hours of education/participation = 1 CEU
- Cost: $85
- Deadline to register for CEUs is one month after the summer institute
To register for CEUs online, please:
- Click on “Register for the credits online” and follow the instructions
For further information or questions regarding CEUs, please contact:
Correne Constantino, Concordia University