It’s natural for children to have many questions about COVID-19, the life changes it has brought, and when life will return to normal. When these questions are future-focused (e.g. “What if…”), they are typically rooted in anxiety and big feelings.
It’s critical to respond to these questions by first offering empathy, then providing usable information about what children can do to keep themselves and their loved ones safe. Visuals are an excellent support as you answer these questions, especially for young children. This printable provides children with actionable steps they can take to help keep it safe.
Watch Master Instructor Kim Jackson’s free webinar Helping Children Manage Anxiety for more tips on responding to questions and anxiety about COVID-19.
- 3 and up
- Restoring calm
- Sense of purpose
- Overall wellbeing
- Visual support for answering anxious questions about COVID-19
- Single-sided printout
- Printed Visual Safety Reminders for COVID-19
- Tape, magnet or other material to post the printable
- How I Can Help Keep It Safe at Home
- Handwashing Visual Procedures (English and Spanish)
- Masks and Gloves: A Printable Story
- What Does Social Distancing Look Like?
- Story Hand: Soothe Children’s Stress About COVID-19