To keep staff and students safe and minimize the spread of COVID-19, many schools around the world have closed their doors. This abrupt disruption to routine can be confusing and scary for all children, but even more so for children experiencing homelessness.
Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor Abbi Kruse developed this printable story for students at her own early learning center The Playing Field, which serves children experiencing homelessness alongside children from more advantaged backgrounds in Madison, Wisconsin.
- 2 and up
- Addressing uncertainty and soothing anxiety
- Helping children experiencing homelessness understand why they can’t go to school, play with friends, or go to some of the places they usually visit right now
- Printable instructions and story
- Printed My School Is Closed Right Now story
- Stapler OR hole punch and string (optional)
- Photos of your child (optional)
- I Can Handle Scared
- Mi Libro: Yo puedo con mi miedo
- Putting Myself Together Class-Made Book
- When I Feel Bug Crazy Class-Made Book