Goodbye Masks: A Printable Story
Changes to rules, routines and procedures can feel unsafe and scary to children. COVID-19 brought extreme disruption as adults and children sought to adjust to virtual learning, social distancing, mask wearing and other significant changes.
With doctors and scientists now saying it is safe to stop wearing masks, children must adjust yet again. Some may feel relief while some feel confused or anxious about this change. We can help soothe children’s anxiety with composure, empathy and answers to their questions. The Goodbye Masks
printable story uses reassuring language and age-appropriate information to help children understand shifting mask policies.
- Addressing uncertainty and soothing anxiety
- Helping children understand changes to mask policies and adjust to another new routine
- Printable instructions and story
- Printed Goodbye Masks story
- Stapler OR hole punch and string (optional)
RELATED FREE RESOURCES