Session A: Summer Institute (CD1) 2019 Infant/Toddler 0-3
Satellite locations will be announced in Spring 2019. For over a decade, thousands have gathered in Orlando to immerse themselves in the power of Conscious Discipline. This year, we’re pleased to announce that Session A of our Summer Institute will be devoted exclusively to infants/toddlers ages 0-3. Spend six days living and learning the concepts and principles of Conscious Discipline for our youngest children with real examples, real practice and real connections. Dr. Becky Bailey’s passionate, informative and entertaining style will empower you to instill safety, trust and vital lifelong skills in young minds.
- Orlando, FL
- Dr. Becky Bailey
Here's What You'll Learn:
Learn and experience the transformational skills, powers and structures of Conscious Discipline in an interactive, brain-smart environment.
Brain State Model
Learn how to recognize three unique brain states in children and adults, and how to help yourself—as well as infants and toddlers—shift into the optimal Executive State.
Explore the powers needed to change your perception of conflict and help you gain control of your life. Plus, learn how to instill these powers in young children.
Be part of a living School Family throughout this event and learn how to foster a caring, cooperative environment that uses daily life to build character and social skills.
Summer Institute empowers you to be the change you want to see.
The first three years of life are a period of incredible brain growth. Learn how to create optimal stimulation for infants and toddlers by developing:
- A healthy sense of self
- A mental model for relationships
- A foundation for lifelong stress management
The way we respond to the needs of infants and toddlers will help or inhibit them from forming healthy life patterns. At Summer Institute, you’ll learn how to provide the connection, attunement and social play that ensure optimal development in our youngest children.
This is a rare opportunity to experience a live event with Dr. Bailey as she coaches you in the principles of Conscious Discipline. The Institute sells out every year, so don’t delay—register today.
- Experience Conscious Discipline firsthand as Dr. Bailey creates a School Family within your institute.
- Practice Baby Doll Circle Time and other activities that ensure optimal development in infants and toddlers.
- Build a foundation of safety and trust that wires young brains for cooperation, attention and impulse control.
- Discover ways to optimize your time with infants and toddlers, allowing you to feel less stressed and more present.
- Learn the seven basic skills of discipline, the skills you need to respond to any situation.
- Learn the seven powers of self-regulation, the powers you need to change your perception of conflict and help gain control of your life.
- Learn the complete Conscious Discipline Brain State model.
Meet Your Facilitators
Dr. Becky A. Bailey
Dr. Becky Bailey is an award-winning author, renowned educator and internationally recognized expert in childhood education and developmental psychology. She is the creator of Conscious Discipline, a trauma informed program that transcends positive discipline to help families and educators become more resilient, more compassionate and better equipped to handle whatever challenges, conflicts or upsets life sends their way. Through Conscious Discipline, Dr. Bailey has inspired and trained more than 3 million educators and caregivers, impacting an estimated 15.8 million children. She has authored 21 books related to guidance and discipline, several of which have won national awards. She currently has over 1.2 million books in circulation.
More Information About This Event
Who Should Attend?
The Summer Institute is a transformational experience for attendees at all levels of Conscious Discipline knowledge and implementation. If you’re just starting out, this is the perfect place to begin. If you’ve attended a Conscious Discipline workshop, completed the book study or are already an active practitioner, you’ll sharpen your skills and leave with renewed focus and practical tools.
The more knowledge you have about Conscious Discipline before you attend, the richer your Institute experience will be, and it’s not uncommon for alumni attendees to return to Institute to deepen their knowledge and accelerate implementation with new tools and learnings.
The difference between other Conscious Discipline training and the Institute is similar to the difference between taking a science class and then taking the science lab. The Institute is a hands-on, interactive “lab” experience. You will be part of an active School Family for a week, feel the sense of safety and connection it creates, and allow the information to move from your intellect to your heart. This integrative experience is indeed life-changing. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend, regardless of your previous training with Conscious Discipline!
Materials & Event Schedule
These materials are included with your Conscious Discipline Summer Institute registration:
- Summer Institute workbook (only available at this Institute)
- Conscious Discipline book
- Conscious Discipline tote bag
- Conscious Discipline reminder bracelet
- Conscious Discipline catchphrase pencils
- To participate in our hands-on learning activities, you will need to bring a baby doll or purchase one at the event.
Schedule information coming soon.
Location & Hotel Rates
The Conscious Discipline Summer Institute, Session A will be hosted at the:
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Hotel Rates for Attendees
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for Institute Attendees, use the links below to reserve yours:
Conscious Discipline negotiates a low price for rooms at the hotel for attendees. Make your room reservations immediately as our block is available for a limited time. Here are some of the reasons the majority of Institute attendees choose to stay on-site at the Conscious Discipline official hotel:
- No rental car needed! The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife, including Downtown Disney.
- Family-friendly hotel in case your spouse, kids or other family members are traveling with you.
- On-site restaurants and a convenience store with quick service food and beverage options.
- The flexibility to return to your room on breaks – relax as you check email, rest, snack, or freshen up.
- Safety! There are areas of Hwy 192 (Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy) and International Drive that we do not recommend. Hotel rates in these areas are low for a reason.
- If you stay at one of our Official Host Hotels you receive exclusive benefits not available outside the Walt Disney World® Resort Area, including:
- Complimentary Shuttle Service every 30 minutes to the Walt Disney World® theme parks, water parks and other attractions
- Disney tickets available to purchase at each hotel – and online
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World® Golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- Ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Downtown Disney Deals Booklet, distributed at check-in, featuring exclusive discounts and specials on dining, entertainment and shopping
Institute Policies & Procedures
Seating is limited. Please make sure the contact information you provide when you register is truly the best way for us to reach you prior to the event. If you have not received your confirmation prior to institute date, it is your responsibility to contact Conscious Discipline . We recommend that you do not purchase non-refundable airfare until you receive an email confirmation from Conscious Discipline. Conscious Discipline assumes no responsibility for travel arrangements made prior to written confirmation of your acceptance as an attendee.
By registering for a Conscious Discipline event, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions detailed below and includes a publicity photo release.
Cancellations received in writing up to two weeks before the start of the event will receive a refund of their registration fee less a $100 processing fee. No-shows or cancellations received after that date receive no refund. Please notify Institute Registrations by e-mail.
Attendees of Conscious Discipline Summer Institute (CD1) may substitute another person for their seat at no extra charge up to two weeks before the start of the event. Substitutions made after that time are subject to a $25 processing fee. Please notify Institute Registrations by e-mail.
Conscious Discipline reserves the right to substitute speakers at any event. In the unlikely event a institute is cancelled, registrants will be refunded paid institute tuition only.
Liability / Media Release
I agree that no filming, video or live capture of any kind is allowed at this event. I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless Loving Guidance, Inc., its employees, independent contractors, administrators, agents, assignees and anyone who it may be claimed liable from injury or damage. This is a binding and voluntary release for all injury, accident or death for both person and property. I assume all risk for travel, attendance, and participation in the event.
By registering and attending any Conscious Discipline event, I AGREE and indicate that I understand the terms and conditions stated here.
I give permission for myself to be videotaped, audiotaped and photographed. I understand that Conscious Discipline (DBA of Loving Guidance, Inc.) of Oviedo, Florida will own the video / audiotapes or photographs (the “media”) and any works which may utilize the media, including the irrevocable right to edit, broadcast, print reproduce the works and to offer the works for sale to the public. This also includes the right to copyright and the right to license others to use the Media in connection with the works.
I agree that the Content may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audiovisual works; and may be cropped, altered or modified. I agree that I have no rights to the Content, and all rights to the Content belong to the Conscious Discipline and Assigns assigned by Conscious Discipline. I acknowledge and agree that I have no further right to additional consideration or accounting, and that I will make no further claim for any reason to Conscious Discipline and Assigns. I acknowledge and agree that this release is binding upon my heirs and assigns. I agree that this release is irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual, and will be governed by the laws (excluding the law of conflicts) of the state of Florida.
Because Conscious Discipline is sensitive to the privacy of those appearing in the Media, there will be no credits given to myself in the Media or the works or derivative works utilizing the media in whole or in part. I also agree that I will not receive any payment for appearing in the Media, or the works or derivative works using the Media. I waive, on my own behalf, any rights or interest in and to the Media and any works utilizing the Media, and will have no claim of any kind against Conscious Discipline, it’s executors, licensees, successors or assignees based on the exercise of any rights granted here under or for the use of the Media, or works containing it.
I further waive, on behalf of myself, the right to inspect and/or approve the products of Conscious Discipline that utilize the Media, including any works and written copy that may be created in connection therewith. I hereby warrant I am of full legal age, have full legal authority and am otherwise competent to sign this Release, and by registering and attending, I further warrant that I have read and understand all of these terms. Conscious Discipline also reserves the right to substitute speaker(s) at any event.
Scholarships & Helper Positions
The Conscious Discipline Summer Institute Scholarship covers tuition fees and course materials for one Summer Institute. Travel, accommodations, meals and any special discount packages are not covered. If you have registered for the 2018 Summer Institute and you are selected to receive a scholarship, your registration fees will be refunded.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you are required to stay at the host hotel and understand that you may be requested to write a very brief article of your experience that will likely be published in our online newsletter, announced in an email and/or posted on our website.
Prior scholarship recipients are not eligible and the scholarship is not transferable.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- This summer institute will qualify for four (4) CEUs
- 10 contact hours of education/participation = 1 CEU
- Cost: $85
- Deadline to register for CEUs is one month after the summer institute
Graduate Seminar Credit
- This summer institute will qualify for four (4) Semester Units of Graduate Credit
- 10 contact hours of education/participation = 1 Semester Credit
- Cost: $400 ($100 per semester credit)
- Deadline to register for Graduate Credit is one month after the summer institute
To register for CEUs online, please:
- Click on “Register for the credits online” and follow the instructions
For further information or questions regarding CEUs, please contact:
Correne Constantino, Concordia University firstname.lastname@example.org