For 20+ years, Conscious Discipline Institutes have raised the skillsets and mindsets of educators, administrators, mental health professionals, social workers, parents and child advocates. Discover proven strategies for breaking down barriers and experiencing lasting change with Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Amy Speidel at the Conscious Discipline Institute on July 9th!
This week-long professional development event isn’t your average workshop; it’s an interactive experience that breathes life into the concepts and principles of Conscious Discipline. Join us to experience Conscious Discipline’s transformative power for yourself. The Institutes sell out every year, so don’t delay— register today!
This event aligns with ESSER fund usage.
- Chicago, IL
- Amy Speidel
Meet Your Instructor
Willoughby, OhioAmy brings a breadth of personal implementation to her Conscious Discipline practice, having been a foster parent, a birth parent, and an adoptive parent. There are few who understand the beautiful mess that comes with the raising of children from diverse backgrounds better than Amy. Her humorous and insightful perspective and personal narratives peppered throughout her presentations, provide an intimate and educational experience. Wherever you are on your Conscious Discipline journey, Amy is sure to meet you there and have you laughing along the way.
More Information About This Event
Who Should Attend?
The Institute is a life-changing experience for attendees with all levels of Conscious Discipline knowledge and implementation. Whether you’re a beginner, an active practitioner or somewhere in between, you’ll sharpen your skills, gain practical tools and leave with renewed focus.
The Institute is a hands-on, interactive experience similar to a science lab. You will be an active participant in a School Family for a week. You’ll experience the School Family’s safety and connection, experiment with the new tools and strategies you learn, and allow the information to move from your intellect to your heart.
The unique experience of learning within a School Family offers a rich experience for all levels of implementation. Institute alumni often return to deepen their knowledge, further their implementation, make fresh connections and be of service to new attendees. Regardless of your implementation level, joining our community of committed, compassionate Institute attendees is an unparalleled experience you don’t want to miss!
Location & Hotel Rates
Conscious Discipline Institute Chicago, IL will be hosted at the:
Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel
5300 N River Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018
Hotel Rates for Attendees
Special rate of $169 a night is available for a limited time – limited rooms are available so don’t delay booking!
Use this link to reserve your room:
Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel
Event Registration Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual Registrations: We will send an email with an order confirmation code when you complete your purchase. If you have not received this confirmation email, please contact our Customer Care team.
- Team Registrations: Once you purchase a team order in our system, you will be responsible for sending the registration link to additional team members to complete their registration. Once they complete this form and register, team members will receive their order confirmation emails. Note: Team members will not be able to enter the event until they complete the online form and receive their confirmation emails.
- All attendees must present their confirmation order number at onsite registration check-in at the event.
Please provide your order number when checking in at the event.
Walk-ins are not preferred at our events. We will not allow entry if the event is sold out. If space allows, we will accommodate walk-ins as best we can. Full payment is required prior to entry into the event. The registration fee for walk-ins is the standard event registration cost plus a 20% administration fee.
- Yes, we accept POs for event registration. POs must include recipient name and address, PO number, itemized list and matching order total.
- We require payment to be received 30 days prior to the event start date or your registration may be canceled. For special situations, please contact registrations@consciousdiscipline and/or [email protected]. You must reference your order number when inquiring.
- You can place an order without having a PO; however, we may cancel your order if we do not receive your PO within 30 days of placing the order.
- Once your PO has been paid and approved you and/or your team must complete the registration process and receive an individual order confirmation code to enter the event.
Please click here to navigate to our events page. Once there, please click on the event you will be attending or are interested in attending. Scroll down until you see “Additional Information about this Event.”
- Attendees of Conscious Discipline events may substitute another person for their seat at no extra charge up to 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- For individual registrations, you will contact our Customer Care team to change the name on your ticket.
- For team registrations, log into your account to access your team under My Account. This is where you can remove/cancel members and add new members. Substitutions must be made and confirmed prior to onsite arrival.
NOTE: Within 30 days of an event, transfer requests are approved on a case by case basis and a $25.00 per substitution administration fee will be incurred and invoiced after the event. You must call or email our Customer Care team to substitute someone within this 30 day timeframe.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing via email to registrations@consciousdiscipline. A full refund minus $100 processing fee will be available up to 30 days prior to the event. Refunds are not provided 30 days or closer to the event . You may be eligible for digital content exchange. No shows to our events are not eligible for a refund. Please reach out to registrations@consciousdiscipline.
- Conscious Discipline reserves the right to substitute speakers at any event. In the unlikely event an event is cancelled, registrants will be refunded paid event tuition only.
All event tickets are non-transferable.
Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance after attending one of our events. You will receive it by email within 30 days after the event concludes. If you have not received your certificate after that timeframe, please contact our Customer Care team.
Helper and scholarship applications are reviewed within 90 days of an event. You will be notified by email 60 - 30 days prior to the event, whether or not you have been selected as a helper or scholarship seat.
Scholarship covers tuition fees and course materials for the designated workshop. Travel, accommodations, meals and any special discount packages are not covered. If you register for an event and you are selected to receive a scholarship, we will refund your registration fees.
As a helper, your travel will be covered up to $500. You will be provided free registration, lodging and a daily per diem for meals during the days you are in attendance at the event.
We do not offer any kind of discounts for our registration fees, but you are welcome to apply for a scholarship or helper seat.
Institute Policies & Procedures
Seating is limited. Please make sure the contact information you provide when you register is truly the best way for us to reach you prior to the event. If you have not received your confirmation prior to start date, it is your responsibility to contact Conscious Discipline. We recommend that you do not purchase non-refundable airfare until you receive an email confirmation from Conscious Discipline. Conscious Discipline assumes no responsibility for travel arrangements made prior to written confirmation of your acceptance as an attendee.
Have your order number available and ready for onsite registration. You are required to check in and have a name badge to enter the session.
By registering for a Conscious Discipline event, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions detailed below and includes a publicity photo release.
Onsite Ticket Purchasing and Walk-Ins
Walk-ins and onsite ticket purchasing is discouraged at our events. We will not allow entry to any event that is sold out or has a wait list. Payment in full is required prior to entry to the event. The registration fee for walk-ins is the event registration price PLUS a 20% administration fee.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing via email to email@example.com. A full refund minus $100 processing fee will be available up to 30 days prior to the event. Refunds are not provided 30 days or closer to the event . You may be eligible for digital content exchange. No shows to our events are not eligible for a refund. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Attendees of Conscious Discipline events may substitute another person for their seat at no extra charge up to 30 days prior to the start of the event. Substitutions made after that time are subject to a $25 processing fee.
For individual registrations, you will contact our Customer Care team to change the name on your ticket
For team registrations, log into your account to access the team created for the event under My Account. Once there you can remove/cancel members and add new members. Substitutions must me made and confirmed prior to onsite arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: Within 30 days of the event, a $25.00 administration fee will be incurred and invoiced after the event per substitution and you will need to call or email us to be able to substitute someone.
Liability / Media Release
I agree that no filming, video or live capture of any kind is allowed at this event. I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless Conscious Discipline, its employees, independent contractors, administrators, agents, assignees and anyone who it may be claimed liable from injury or damage. This is a binding and voluntary release for all injury, accident or death for both person and property. I assume all risk for travel, attendance, and participation in the event.
By registering and attending any Conscious Discipline event, I AGREE and indicate that I understand the terms and conditions stated here.
I give permission for myself to be videotaped, audiotaped and photographed. I understand that Conscious Discipline (DBA of Loving Guidance, Inc.) of Oviedo, Florida will own the video / audiotapes or photographs (the “media”) and any works which may utilize the media, including the irrevocable right to edit, broadcast, print reproduce the works and to offer the works for sale to the public. This also includes the right to copyright and the right to license others to use the Media in connection with the works.
I agree that the Content may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audiovisual works; and may be cropped, altered or modified. I agree that I have no rights to the Content, and all rights to the Content belong to the Conscious Discipline and Assigns assigned by Conscious Discipline. I acknowledge and agree that I have no further right to additional consideration or accounting, and that I will make no further claim for any reason to Conscious Discipline and Assigns. I acknowledge and agree that this release is binding upon my heirs and assigns. I agree that this release is irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual, and will be governed by the laws (excluding the law of conflicts) of the state of Florida.
Because Conscious Discipline is sensitive to the privacy of those appearing in the Media, there will be no credits given to myself in the Media or the works or derivative works utilizing the media in whole or in part. I also agree that I will not receive any payment for appearing in the Media, or the works or derivative works using the Media. I waive, on my own behalf, any rights or interest in and to the Media and any works utilizing the Media, and will have no claim of any kind against Conscious Discipline, it’s executors, licensees, successors or assignees based on the exercise of any rights granted here under or for the use of the Media, or works containing it.
I further waive, on behalf of myself, the right to inspect and/or approve the products of Conscious Discipline that utilize the Media, including any works and written copy that may be created in connection therewith. I hereby warrant I am of full legal age, have full legal authority and am otherwise competent to sign this Release, and by registering and attending, I further warrant that I have read and understand all of these terms. Conscious Discipline also reserves the right to substitute speaker(s) at any event.
The Conscious Discipline event scholarship covers tuition fees and course materials for this workshop. Travel, accommodations, meals and any special discount packages are not covered. If you have registered for this event and you are selected to receive a scholarship, your registration fees will be refunded.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you are required to stay at the host hotel and understand that you may be requested to write a very brief article of your experience that will likely be published in our online newsletter, announced in an email and/or posted on our website.
Prior scholarship recipients are not eligible and the scholarship is not transferable.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Institutes, Workshops and selected e-Courses offered by Conscious Discipline, LLC, are approved for CEUs through Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW). Attendees who wish to obtain CEUs must apply through CUW at www.cuw.edu/apply.
Here's What You'll Learn:
Discover the hows and whys behind the transformational power of Conscious Discipline, and learn how millions have decreased problem behaviors, increased student achievement and wellness, and improved school climate and community with Conscious Discipline.
Brain State Model
Learn how to recognize three basic brain/body states in yourself and others, how to foster brain integration, and how to help yourself and others upshift to an optimal state for learning and problem-solving.
Explore the Seven Powers for Conscious Adults, a mindset shift that focuses on self-regulation and changing perceptions about conflict so we can teach, live and model healthy behaviors. Then learn Seven Basic Skills of Discipline that provide actionable strategies for working with children.
Learn the importance of a School Family and how to create one through both instruction and personal experience as you become part of a compassionate, cooperative School Family during the event.
The Institute empowers you to be the change you want to see.
Each year, thousands of participants from around the globe discover the secrets to a better way of teaching, parenting and connecting at our Institutes. Discover the proven power of the Conscious Discipline in Chicago, IL as Amy Speidel leads you deeper into content, facilitates essential connections, and utilizes video of Dr. Becky Bailey teaching key concepts.
- Enjoy enrollment of fewer than 200 attendees per location and small practice groups guided by knowledgeable helpers to ensure accurate understanding and implementation.
- Learn the Seven Powers for Conscious Adults; the powers you need to self-regulate, change your perception of conflict and help gain control of your life.
- Learn the Seven Basic Skills of Discipline; skills that equip you to confidently respond to challenges, setbacks and conflict situations in healthy ways.
- Understand the complete Conscious Discipline Brain State model so you can see, identify and meet the needs behind challenging behaviors.
- Experience the importance of safety and connection in relation to learning and problem solving as Master Instructor Amy Speidel co-creates a compassionate, connected School Family with attendees.
- Learn how to create a School Family of your own so children have a strong, compassionate and inclusive foundation in which to learn and practice social skills, build character and grow to reach their fullest potential.
Check out some of our other upcoming events!
Building your Base
A structure is only as strong as the foundation it’s built upon. Building Your Base provides the practices and planning you need to lay the strongest possible foundation for Conscious Discipline implementation in your school. Centered around the Ten Essentials for Implementation and a personalized Action Planner, this hands-on...View Event
Creating the School Family
A school’s climate impacts the success of all who learn and work within it. Discover essential practices for shifting from power struggles to cooperation, from blaming to problem-solving and from bullying to healthy relationships. Drawing on 40+ years of classroom experience and the evidence-based, trauma-informed practices of Conscious Discipline, Vicky...View Event