A must-have for every K-2nd grade classroom. Integrate emotional regulation and literacy, and help children do the following:
- Recognize others’ emotional facial cues, promoting empathy
- Choose a calming strategy to help regulate their emotions
- Read the book to their parents and teach family members at home
- Manipulate the Velcro-backed emotion pieces to individualize their learning
The two-step process in this 8-inch spiral-bound activity book increases self-awareness by asking children to reflect on internal states, and then encourages them to self-regulate by choosing an activity to calm their upset. Velcro-backed Feeling Faces mean children can match their feelings with the active calming techniques of their choosing again and again. Perfect for the Safe Place, direct teaching and learning in context.
- Five activities, plus five Velcro feeling faces
- Ages 4-8