Team Registration is designed for groups of two or more people. If you would like to register as an individual, please complete an Individual Registration.
Research indicates a direct correlation between students’ ability to self-regulate and their academic performance. As academic pressures mount in efforts to “close the gap” and limit learning loss from the pandemic, educators are reporting a significant increase in disruptive and challenging behaviors. The only way to meet heightened academic goals is by ramping up our social and emotional curriculum as well. Learn Conscious Discipline strategies for creating the low stress, high challenge environment the brain requires for learning. Then discover how to integrate much-needed social and emotional learning – including skills like self-awareness, self-regulation, relationship-building and cooperation within your existing academic curriculum.
The human brain is wired to learn, explore, and grow from a safe, connected brain state. Increasing academic pressure without simultaneously tending to students’ social and emotional needs will multiply their struggles, not their successes. “Closing the gap” and recovering from learning loss can only happen when we choose to integrate quality SEL with academics. Discover how to create the low stress, high challenge environment the brain requires for learning, while also integrating much-needed SEL skills like self-regulation and relationship-building within your existing academic curriculum.
Key objectives include:
- Understand the correlation between a students’ ability to self-regulate and their academic performance, including information about brain states, stress and learning.
- Learn how to apply Conscious Discipline strategies and activities that embed SEL skills like self-awareness, self-regulation and relationship-building within academic learning.
- Establish a School Family using routines, rituals and structures that support and integrate with academic standards.
- Discover ways to support students’ emerging Executive Skills throughout the school day to cultivate social, academic and life success.
- Learn how to write an integrated lesson plan with SEL and academic standards.