The first five years of life are critical for brain development and the creation of mental models. Learn evidence-based strategies for co-regulating, connecting and teaching social skills that create a secure foundation for children to build successful lives upon. Register for Brain Smart Beginnings today and experience:
- The power of “meaning-making”: Discover how the brain makes sense of events, relationships and the self– and how adults play a crucial role in this process for children.
- Educators as meaning-makers: Learn how to become a healthy, positive meaning-maker for young children’s experiences.
- Co-regulation as the missing element: A foundation of safety and trust wires young brains for cooperation, attention, impulse control and learning. Without the safety of co-regulation, healthy meaning-making, brain development and growth are impaired.
- The importance of connection: Optimize your time together with healthy connections that allow both you and the children to feel less stressed, more present and better able to handle the day’s challenges.
- Teaching in the moment: Learn how to bring your calm, regulated self into moments of distress and conflict so you can utilize children’s everyday upsets to model self-regulation and teach healthy skills.
- Learning in community: Enjoy activities that help you internalize strategies and practices from the event so you can create lasting change once you return to your school or center.
There are no reviews yet.