Power of Unity from the Becoming the Best You Can Be Series (2 of 7)
As human beings we have a deep need for connection and a sense of belonging. The power of unity carries the belief we are all in this together, we are all connected.
Helping children shift from “what do I get if I am good” to “how do I give of my goodness to others” requires classrooms built on the School Family model.
Unity through the School Family creates compassionate classrooms. The skill of Encouragement helps us shift from making children do something to helping them be successful. Join Conscious Discipline creator Becky Bailey to learn more about the Power of Unity.
- 00:36 What is Conscious Discipline?
- 03:44 Story of travelers
- 04:42 Power of Unity, we are all in this together
- 09:37 Connection is essential for survival
- 12:37 Rejection physically hurts the body
- 16:43 Separation versus Unity
- 23:23 Fundamental shifts in intention with power of unity
Helpful Next Steps