Power of Acceptance from the Becoming the Best You Can Be Series (6 of 7)
How often do you say things to yourself like “this shouldn’t be” or “what should you be doing?” Have you found yourself resisting what is happening saying things like “I can’t believe you…..” or “we don’t …. in this classroom.”
Acceptance is embracing the moment as it is. When we resist our old beliefs and behaviors are solidified and we will be triggered again making change impossible. Acceptance embraces the moment rather than ignoring, distracting, or demanding something different. When we accept the moments we are in, we are able to offer empathy to ourselves and others.
Join Dr. Becky Bailey, creator of Conscious Discipline, as we learn the transformational power of acceptance.
- 00:56 Power of Acceptance questions
- 02:23 What is Conscious Discipline
- 04:37 The key to integration
- 05:57 Video – How did your parents respond to sadness
- 09:21 Resistance creates stress
- 10:44 Example of negating the moment
- 13:53 outcomes of choosing negation of the moment
- 15:09 Hand brain model demonstration
- 17:25 outcomes of choosing acceptance of the moment
- 21:46 Video – skill of noticing
- 24:43 Benefits of Power of Acceptance
Helpful Next Steps