Real Talk for Real Teachers with Dr. Becky Bailey and special guest Jill Molli
With so many models for creating change, how do you decide which one is best for your school? Do you want lasting change or a Band-Aid approach? Do you have what it takes to create a transformational change in your classroom, school or district?
Traditional change is doing the same thing you’ve been doing, but doing it better, faster, and cheaper. Transitional change makes small changes in behaviors by doing new “B” instead of old “A.” Transformational change creates a new mindset, or way of thinking. It’s the most challenging and rewarding form of change because it creates far-reaching and long-lasting results that have never existed before.
Conscious Discipline is a transformational change model that asks administrators and educators to see through a new lens of knowledge. In this episode, Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Jill Molli shares challenges and tips for success when transforming school cultures with Conscious Discipline.
- Administrative buy-in and participation in trainings is essential to success
- Work with willing teachers and staff; allow their success to motivate others
- Create model classrooms for sustainability
Steps for Tomorrow
- Begin with implementation of Conscious Discipline in your own life first
- Principals reflect on personal leadership style
- Work with teachers and students
- Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms
- Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Schools and Homes E-Course
- :23 What is Conscious Discipline
- 1:40 Transformational, transitional and traditional change models
- 6:41 Introduction of guest Jill Molli, Conscious Discipline Master Instructor
- 7:40 Obstacles to overcome when implementing Conscious Discipline
- 12:52 Who to send to Summer Institutes and trainings
- 14:31 School/agency 3-prong approach for successful implementation
- 18:15 Identifying your Conscious Discipline Action Team (CDAT)
- 20:30 Importance of coaching during implementation
- 22:24 How to achieve fidelity with Conscious Discipline
- 24:39 Misuse of the Conscious Discipline Safe Place Self-Regulation Center
- 28:00 Creating onsite model classrooms for sustainability
- 32:51 Steps for tomorrow
Thank You for Listening
There are many ways you could have spent this time today, but you chose to spend it with me and I am grateful. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others via your favorite social media platforms.
Also, would you consider taking 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes? Your feedback is extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I love to hear your feedback! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!
On behalf of our Conscious Discipline family, we wish you well.