Adult Weekly Commitment Calendar
Setting our intention is always important, but it is more essential now than ever before. Intention organizes the energy in our body and directs our focus. It determines our willingness to be helpful and loving to ourselves and others. As we focus on the positivity we want to bring to the world, neuroplasticity allows us to rewire our brains to become more positive, helpful, and loving.
As we focus on the positivity we want to bring to the world, neuroplasticity allows us to rewire our brains to become more positive, helpful, and loving.
Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor Sue Dierks uses a weekly commitment calendar to set her own intention. Each day, Sue writes out a daily commitment that includes a way to be of service to others, a way to be of service to herself, and something she is grateful for. She checks in on her commitment throughout the day, using every “Oops” as an opportunity to try something different the next day.
Although this calendar is designed for adults, it’s also helpful for older children. If you’d like to use this powerful tool in your own life, download your free template of Sue’s Adult Weekly Commitment Calendar.
- 00:01 Introduction of Certified Instructor Sue Dierks
- 00:06 What is Conscious Discipline?
- 01:01 What is a weekly commitment calendar/why have one?
- 01:28 How am I going to be of service to others?
- 01:39 I am going to be of service to myself by…
- 02:02 What am I grateful for today?
- 02:15 Check in throughout day or at end of day
- 02:28 Opportunity to think about what to do differently tomorrow
- 03:10 The act of writing solidifies our commitment
- 03:19 Closing comments
- Printable: Adult Weekly Commitment Calendar
- Webinar: Power of Intention
- Video: S.T.A.R. Breathing with Dr. Becky Bailey
- Printable: Commitments Check-Up