Create an “I Love You Rituals” Teddy Bear Activity Board with twelve ritual choices to connect with your children and help them develop decision-making skills.
You will need
- Draw, cut out, decorate and laminate a teddy bear or other snuggly shape on the poster board.
- Laminate and cut out the I Love You Rituals squares (the template can be found below).
- Write child(ren)'s name(s) on individual blank squares and laminate.
- Attach the loop edge of the Velcro to the squares.
- Attach the fuzz edge of the Velcro to the teddy bear in a long stripe across the belly, and a shorter stripe over the heart.
First, you should be familiar with the I Love You Rituals printed on the squares. Having Songs for I Love You Rituals Volume 1 or Volume 2 on hand will also be helpful.
Place all of the I Love You Rituals squares on the velcro line across the belly of your teddy bear. Then place the name square for the child you are working with on the teddy bear's heart. Then, encourage the child to choose the ritual that they want to use by placing the ritual square on the teddy bear's heart beside his or her name. This simple choice will help to develop the child's decision-making abilities, and creates a calming visual reminder of the rituals that help you form lasting connections. Once the child has chosen the ritual, perform it together with love and well-wishing in your heart.
I Love You Rituals Teddy Bear Activity Board
Download JPG (103 KB)