Conscious Discipline is the most comprehensive discipline program available. It is specifically designed to provide parents with the conscious awareness and skills needed to create safe, connected, problem-solving homes.
Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline is the core Conscious Discipline publication for parents. Conscious Discipline is designed for parents who are facing the overwhelming challenges of raising children today. Conscious Discipline is unique from other ways of guidance because it:
- Defines discipline not as something you do to children, but something you develop within them.
- Teaches new skills to the adult first, and the children second, empowering you to become the mindful parent you want to be.
We can discipline differently than we were disciplined, break the cycle of “do as I say, not as I do,” and learn to discipline without permissiveness,
aggression or guilt.
Based on current research, Conscious Discipline can teach both parents and children how to:
- Set goals and achieve them despite obstacles and distractions
(instead of yelling, nagging, sending to time out or removal of privileges).
- Create safe homes by managing our emotions instead of acting them out (instead of adults losing tempers, children throwing tantrums, name-calling, hitting or destroying property).
- Set personal boundaries to prevent bullying and encourage respectful interactions (instead of telling others how they should think, should feel or should act).
- Resolve conflict in a way that creates closer, more loving relationships
(instead of pretending issues doesn’t exist or having them tear us apart).